Inclusive of Lantra Awards Assessment
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation (PUWER. LOLER).
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the excavator for site and road travel.
- Travel over varying types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
- Set the machine to excavate.
- Excavate below ground level on a variety of excavations in different ground types.
- Place spoil into various sizes of vehicles/hoppers.
- Remove and re-attach buckets.
- Place the excavator in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.